If you need to get rid of insects in general, and fleas in particular, which brand of insecticide would you go for? Probably Raid or Hot Shot, right? It is certainly understandable that consumers express a strong preference for these two names.
Although they are providing customers with a great variety of high-quality products, have you ever thought of trying treatments from any of the other brands on the market? Honestly, there are so many effective flea bombs which are well worth trying apart from Hot Shot and Raid. To tell you more about them, today’s article will do full flea fogger (flea bomb) reviews of eight products from different manufacturers other than Raid and Hot Shot.
Flea Fogger (Flea Bomb) Reviews
The first flea fogger (flea bomb) review will be about Black Flag Hg-11079 Indoor Fogger. Like most other insect treatments, it contains active ingredients that kill fleas on contact. Aside from eliminating fleas, the Black Flag bomb is efficient at finishing off German cockroaches and retains its killing impact for up to twelve weeks.
Thanks to the dry fog, the bomb will not leave any messy or wet residues after application. In addition, it has been formulated to release a fresh scent so that your home will smell pleasant after treatment.
However, to completely get rid of fleas, you will need to kill the hatching eggs as well. Therefore, two weeks after the first application, you will need to activate a second bomb. You might find it a bit difficult to set it off, but just remember to press the trigger down firmly and it will be okay.
- Effective at killing fleas and German cockroaches on contact
- Will protect your house from further infestations for several months
- Does not have a strong smell but leaves behind a pleasant fresh scent
- Does not leave any stubborn stains
- Each fogger can treat a 2,000 cu ft area
- Needs a second application to stop hatching eggs
- Quite difficult to set off
To help users kill fleas at all stages of their life cycle, the manufacturer has added insect growth regulators to the other active ingredients to produce Precor Plus Flea Fogger IGR Control – the second product in our flea fogger (flea bomb) reviews.
The IGR molecules can penetrate deeply into hard-to-access areas like floor cracks, rugs, or carpets where fleas often hide.
The combination of these chemicals will keep your living environment free from flea infestations for up to seven months.
Furthermore, each bomb easily handles a large room, for instance, a garage or basement up to 750-square feet in area. It leaves no stains or lingering odors, and surfaces will not have any oily residues.
You will have to shake the container vigorously before setting it off to achieve the best results. You might need a second application after two weeks because the initial one does not guarantee to eliminate 100% all of the insects in the treated area.
- Creates a long-lasting killing impact
- Combines active ingredients with insect growth regulators to destroy fleas on contact
- Breaks all stages of fleas’ life cycle including larvae and hatching eggs
- Penetrates into hard-to-reach places to kill insects
- Each bomb can handle a very large space
- Does not leave stubborn stains after application
- Need to shake the bomb vigorously before use
- Might need a second application
The next flea fogger (flea bomb) review is about the Vet-Kem Siphotrol Plus Fogger that can protect your home from fleas for up to thirty weeks against flea re-infestation due to the two active ingredients in the formulation.
The contents can control ticks, mature fleas, hatching eggs, and even larvae. Each bomb is produced to deal with a 3,000 cu ft room as an absolute maximum. Meanwhile, the treated area will not be filled with a heavy chemical odor or any wet residues.
Despite these above-mentioned advantages, one fogger will not be effective enough if you need to cope with a big space. You will need to purchase at least two or three containers. Moreover, if you have wall-to-wall carpets or spacious rooms, you will need to do a second treatment within the first month.
- Provides long-lasting protection
- Able to destroy larvae and eggs as well as biting adult fleas
- Does not leave an unpleasant smell, or any wet and stubborn residues
- Will also kill ticks
- Treats 3000 cubic feet
- Need 2 – 3 applications within the first month to fully get rid of fleas if you have wall-to-wall carpeting
Due to the addition of (S)-methoprene and permethrin, the Zoecon Precor Plus Fogger will kill adult fleas once they have been exposed to the toxins.
Apart from that, it is very effective in inhibiting hatching eggs and larvae from becoming biting fleas. The long-acting killing impact can prevent further outbreaks for up to seven months. That is the reason why this product is among our flea fogger (flea bomb) reviews today.
Although the manufacturer has confirmed that their product does not kill bed bugs, it will scatter them, and they can then be vacuumed up. Also, the IGR molecules are formulated to go into dark and hard-to-access places, for example, floor cracks, pet bedding, drapes, or rugs, to attack stubborn insects. It will take you a period of time to see the desired results. Multiple applications and frequent vacuuming will be necessary to fully eliminate fleas.
- Destroys the insects’ life cycle
- Protects your living environment from further infestation for a long time
- Delivers the chemicals to hard-to-reach positions to attack the fleas where they hide
- Scatters bed bugs for later treatment
- Takes time to achieve high efficiency
- Needs a combination of vacuuming and multiple applications to get all the fleas out of the house
ProControl Plus Release Fogger is our fourth flea fogger (flea bomb) review today. The developers have taken advantage of three different ingredients, which are pyrethrins, cyfluthrin, and piperonyl butoxide, to offer a very quick knockdown effect, and a sustained long-lasting effect.
The use of those powerful chemicals allows the treatment to kill both flying and crawling insects. The bomb is user-friendly and can be applied in commercial places such as nursing homes, hotels, motels, schools, apartments, supermarkets, as well as in your home.
Nevertheless, people who are living in California should consider carefully before purchasing this form of flea control because California fleas are becoming resistant to the insecticides in the list of ingredients. Moreover, when you activate the bomb, make sure that you run towards the door as quickly as possible as the chemical fumes escape at a very high speed and that could pose a danger to you.
- Uses 3 active ingredients to eliminate insects on contact
- Effective in dealing with both flying and crawling insects
- Brings the treated space a long-lasting protection
- Can be used in a lot of places
- California fleas are becoming resistant to the product
- The fumes escape from the bomb at too high a speed
When it comes to our flea fogger (flea bomb) reviews, PCO Products Fogger Bomb is also on the list. Apart from using a common ingredient – pyrethrins, the manufacturer has added dicarboximide and PBO technical with the purpose of killing insects in a short time.
This bomb can eliminate weevils, ants, roaches, fleas, and flying insects as well. Therefore, it is often used in schools, homes, commercial buildings, offices or food handling establishments.
In spite of the fact that the manufacturers use three ingredients to improve its efficiency, users will need to apply the product continuously (maybe four times) within two months to secure a proper reduction in insect populations. If this isn’t done, the protection after application does not last long, allowing for re-infestation very soon.
- Able to control many kinds of insects thanks to the combination of 3 ingredients
- Can be used in different places, commercial and residential
- Requires several applications for maximum effectiveness
- Not good at preventing further outbreaks for a long time
This flea fogger (flea bomb) review will tell you more about a well-known name in this industry – Adam Plus Room Fogger. The formulation of the contents offers consumers a practical solution to heavy infestations.
This product can destroy insects’ life cycle. Apart from fleas, this treatment is effective at inhibiting silverfish, mosquitoes, spiders, ants, and cockroaches – the common pests found in most homes.
The dry fog penetrates into hard-to-access places in the room, for example, upholstery, carpets, pet bedding, or drapes to get those annoying creatures out and knock them off. Furthermore, there will be no lingering odors left after fogging. The treatment only requires two hours, which is shorter than for most other foggers.
However, there are two factors that you need to take into account before purchasing this product. Firstly, it uses more than three active ingredients – tetramethrin, N-octyl bicycloheptene icarboximide, and eteofenprox. All of these are harsh chemicals. Thus, make sure that you clean all surfaces, particularly kids’ rooms and kitchen counters, after application. Secondly, Adams Plus Room Fogger cannot be used for outdoor places. Instead, it must be used in enclosed spaces only, for instance, inside the house, kennels, or garages.
- Effective at finishing insects off on contact
- Able to stop the development of hatching eggs, larvae, and pupae to provide longer protection
- Goes into hard-to-reach positions where fleas often hide
- No lingering odor
- Overuses insecticides
- Can be used for enclosed rooms only
In this flea fogger (flea bomb) review section today, Enforcer Flea and Roach Indoor Insect Fogger is different from the other products we have looked at because it uses one active ingredient only in a high proportion – 2%. Additionally, each can is able to treat a 6,000 cu ft room, so this pack of three bombs is strong enough to cover an 18,000 cu ft space, which is equivalent to 2,250-square feet.
The Enforcer Fogger can be used to eliminate lice, crickets, spiders, ticks, ants, and roaches as well as fleas. To help you completely get rid of insects, the contents of the bomb will quickly go to work to eliminate these pests. Also, the product does not make a mess and does not leave any wet residues after deployment.
You might be a little disappointed in Enforcer Insect Fogger as the impact is extremely short in comparison with other products. Consequently, insects do tend to come back to your house fairly soon after using it. Not only that, but the high percentage of permethrin can make you and your pets prone to respiratory infections or to a skin irritation.
- Can be used to eliminate different kinds of insects besides just fleas
- Penetrates into their favorite hiding places such as carpets, crevices, cracks or drapes
- Does not leave wet residues thanks to the dry fog formulation
- Leaves no lingering odors
- The killing impact occurs in an extremely short period of time
- Poses health risks to human and pets
- Must only be used in enclosed spaces
To Sum Up
In general, all of the above-mentioned products take advantage of powerful active ingredients to keep fleas away from your house. Some of them are very powerful with a long-lasting impact which is suitable for heavy infestations. In contrast, several of the foggers should be utilized in less serious situations due to their short-term effects.
We hope that you have found the detailed flea fogger reviews useful, offering you a wide range of choices. Based on the assessments above, Black Flag Hg-11079 Indoor Fogger comes highly recommended. This flea control is strong enough to destroy fleas immediately and stop hatching eggs to prevent further outbreaks for a long time. Apart from that, it contains no lingering odor and does not leave stubborn stains after deployment. Lastly, a pack consists of six bombs which might be enough to last you for a few years. Such a great choice, right?
Thanks for reading!